Sunday 15 December 2013

Josh's 21st Birthday and Marianne Design Divas Guest Designer

Good morning fellow crafters. Its been a bit wild and woolly down here over the last day. Still the white fluffy stuff  is keeping away so far. I don't mind it when I have nowhere to go but with family descending from all points north for Christmas it would be better if it stayed away for the moment.

Now for some really good news. I have been asked to be a guest designer for this months Marianne Design Divas! A call went out in October and I sent my name in not thinking I would get the opportunity but hey if you don't ask you don't get. Now the hard bit of coming up with a design using 3 Marianne products. The theme of Anything goes made it slightly easier, but after the initial high of being asked its a different story to come up with a design that would not disgrace the team. So without further ado here it is:-



As it was an 'Anything goes' challenge I decided to make a card for my neighbour's son's 21st. 

I used the following Marianne Design products:-
Collectables COL1315  (checked and stamped)
Craftables CR1254 frame to cut striped LOTV paper edged in Faded Jeans and reinforcement dies in same paper as background.
Cardmakers rope blue/white JU0836

Josh is a keen Huddersfield Town supporter so this image from LOTV was just perfect. The stamp was coloured in 'Town' colours with Copics. and mounted on a starburst circle (Sizzix inverted scalloped circle) cut from the same backing paper. The trophy die cut in silver card is cut from an old Ellison die, with Tim Holtz 'Carnivale' numbers in white. Happy Birthday background stamp is Heroarts and assorted papers from the stash. The letters for the name is a Sizzix alphabet set- First Steps. The bunting I cut free hand from off cuts of the striped paper and edged in Faded Jeans distressed ink and glued onto cardmakers rope. 
I think the little reinforcements give a masculine option instead of the buttons, I usually like to use on men's cards.

I shall enter it in the following challenges:-

Stamping Sensations:- Free and easy
Here comes the boys :- Anything goes

Well that's it folks, thanks for popping around and for Blankina and the team for asking for my input.


3 comments:

  1. Great card, Julie! Love the image and the backing papers. I'm sure the Marianne team loved it too. Thank you for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations this month.

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very cute Julie, thanks so much for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card love the backing paper and bunting . Thank You for Playing and sharing your creation with us at Here Come The Boys! Good Luck from Woo, Sharon, Teresa, Donna, Jacky, Ginny, Becky, Mojca, Mandz, Stacey & Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)