Sunday 11 May 2014

Musing on a Sunday Afternoon

Afternoon folks.
It's been pretty poor weather wise up to now, now the sun is trying to show it's face, hope the rain has stopped now.

Over at Muse this week we are inspired by this wonderful card by Vicki Dutcher.


I love the layout of this card and the contrast between the colours she has used. I have been playing around with my new memory Box Gardenia die, I love it but I was not sure what to do with it. You know how it is when you see something and fall for it then stare at it trying to think what to do!
I have tried various techniques but I have neglected my W/C pens for too long so was playing around with them and thought I could use them in a card based on Vicki's layout. I was going to make a retirement card for my daughter's friend and she doesn't do pink so lilac it was. However after doing all the w/c I hadn't got a suitable sentiment so it ended up as a birthday card.


I will make another if she likes this one! I thought I had some baker's twine in purple but I couldn't find it so used ribbon to match. I die cut the white outline then used the negative left as a stencil to cut the solid shape to watercolour, then placed the white outline on top. The DP panel is from my stash of free magazine papers, it doesn't show up but the butterflies are shaded lilac. The greeting is from Stampin Up dew drops and sequins from the stash.

I shall enter it in the following challenges as well :-
Crazy for CAS - ribbon or twine
Without Words - Purple or pink and green
Keep it simple - Watercolour

OK, that's a wrap for today, come back soon.

14 comments:

  1. Love the look of the die cut with the watercolouring and the outlines. So pretty! Thanks for joining us at Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow this is very pretty love the watercolouring and layout must have a try at doing something like this. Love Alison xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get making another, I do like it yes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see why you "fell for" that flower die..... IT'S AWESOME! Goes so perfect with the water coloring -- fabulous inspired card - Thanks for joining in with Muse!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is gorgeous - I love those pretty flowers xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Fabulous card.....
    Hugs Sylvie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the dew drops!!! Purple is my most challenging colors - you inspire me to try again =]

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you will be able to do something with purple, but must admit I do find the Copic purples harder to use than watercolours. You can always water the colour down with W/C. :0)

      Delete
  8. Beautiful cards, love it. Thanks for joining CFC.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful card! Love how you used the Muse challenge card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful use of watercolour and the colours you've used here look so pretty. I love your criss-crossed ribbon too.
    Hugs, Anita
    Crazy for CAS Guest Designer

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute watercolour Jules - looks fab with the die cut flowers :) So glad you played along with Keep It Simple!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty, thanks for joining us at Without Words
    Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a pretty card love those flowers. Thanks for joining us over at CFC.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)