Friday 6 November 2015

Happy Birthday Di

Good afternoon, hope I find you well.
Yesterday was my best friend's birthday. Sadly she lives too far away, since we moved, to be with her on her birthday, but as is our tradition recently she came around to my son's house for tea yesterday followed by a craft class. 
I gave her pressies before I left together with this card. It also happens to follow the latest theme over at STAMPlorations!


This month's theme is -

or you can follow the sketch

or you can do both!

For my card I used the newsprint stamp from the Mixed Media Grunge set together with Dee's Artsy Impressions 'Blooming Buds'. I repeat stamped the text on the square base card then on a separate panel I cut a large circular aperture, trimmed it to be smaller than the base card then popped it up on pads. The center is a couple of stitched circle die cuts stacked on top of one another and the sentiment from the Noteworthy set and a small happy birthday from my stash stamped in Memento Grey Flannel, as was the newsprint. 
I stamped the flowers then used Copics to colour before fussy cutting them out.

OK, please check out the rest of the DT's fab inspiration here along with our GD this month Helen Liu. Why not join in, we'd love to see what you make of the sketch and/or theme. 

I'd like to join in over at -
Love the red poppies on this photo. 


10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card jule's fabulous stamps and design too..
    Hugs Babs...x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jules a beautiful card love the layout. Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. The flowers are so pretty. I love the way you did the cut outs and the text behind the sentiment. Thanks so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a brilliant design Jules...the beautiful red blooms are really striking. Bet your friend loved it xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very clever use of the stamp set, Julie, and very clever design. have a wonderful weekend, sweetie!

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the design and those gorgeous flowers! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a very beautiful and very special birthday card Julie!
    Thanks for joining us at Seize the birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a creative layout!! I love your poppies, so beautiful!! Thanks for playing along with the Fusion Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card, Julie! I love the interpretation of the sketch, and the newsprint background. Thanks for playing along at Seize The Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)