Tuesday 22 March 2016

Graffiti Wall

Good morning all and welcome to my post to announce an other new challenge at Cardz4Guyz.
This week the theme choice was mine and I went for -

TEENAGE KICKS

So we would like to see your projects for the teenage male in your life. Not sure why I picked this as I no longer have any teenagers in the family but obviously many of you do!
Having chosen the theme I was at first stumped but then remembered buying a set of graffiti stamps by Woodware and thought them just the thing.
So here is my card for a teenager.


I stamped the words onto a piece of white card then masked them plus a border and inked over a brick stencil with some DIs, Fired Brick, Tea Dye and Antique Linen. I liked the effect but thought it needed something else so I used the mirror stamping technique to create a pair of boots from a single on another set, Rock Dude. The stamped images were then coloured in rainbow colours with Copics and a bit of freehand doodling and the boots fussy cut out and applied. I don't like grunge so went with a bright cheerful palette! I kept the birthday greeting for the inside of the card!

For more inspiration please check out the rest of the DT and why not join us this week. :)

I'd like to join in over at -

Take It, Make It Challenge 
Anything Goes

   
Rainbow colours don't need to be pretty!




5 comments:

  1. Wow what a great card and techniques, colouring and design are fab just perfect for the teenagers..
    Hugs Babs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card Julie, totally urban ! I've just bought te stamps too.

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cool! Thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper challenge. Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is so cool! Very fun take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)