Saturday 7 May 2016

Fantasy Stampers

Good morning all. The sun has been shining for most of the week here so it looks like spring is finally here!
So is a new challenge over at Fantasy Stampers and appropriately the them is -

FLOWER POWER

All this sunshine after weeks of rain and snow has prompted an awakening in the hedgerows around here. The blossom is bursting forth again and the birds are a twittering. The sheep are mighty glad too, hopefully no more soggy feet!

Here is my card for the your inspiration.


I've used a stamp from LOTV that I won for their April FB challenge with my baby card made for an earlier Fantasy Stampers post (here).
It's called Daisy Panel.
I decided to use a black base card and go one layer. The simplicity of the design makes the daisies the center of attention. The only problem is the colouring on the black card. I got around this by using a mixture of white crayon and white gouache paint, also known as body colour. The gouache gives a softer effect that the pencil as it is more opaque. The colour was from some DI s in fruity colours, after I had used some white EP on the stamped image. I added a HLS greeting to complete.
For more inspiration pop over to the main blog and then get inky with your stamps and join us.

I'm off with a friend to Port Sunlight stamp fair now and meeting up with a few bloggy friends. I'm leaving hubster in charge but perhaps the dog will be really! I've also been to the hole in the wall, so I feel a bit of retail therapy coming on. I fancy some of the new LOTV stamps, the large Indigo  Blue flower stamps look gorgeous and I will just have to check out the Visible Image stand, LOL.
Happy Stamping!

I'd like to join in over at -

I took inspiration from the black base and white flowers with the soft w/c effect colouring

OLS
Fruit Smoothie
Coloured using DIs Picked Raspberry, Seedless Preserve, Ripe Persimmon and Memento Canteloupe

My choice is using white gouache, pencil crayon and DI's to paint the petals and butterflies



15 comments:

  1. What a dramatic and classy card, Julie! I love how those flowers stand out on the black base and the soft colors! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! Have fun at the stamp fair! I'm pretty sure you will :>)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool Jules. LOVE the soft colouring on the black background. The white embossing really pops, and then the added DIs are soft and delicate. Gorgeous design. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! Enjoy your retail therapy! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooooo pretty! Love the subtle coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The white embossing on black is so eyecatching but the little touches of soft 'fruity' colours makes it even prettier.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glorious! I always struggle to colour onto black card. This is one special and eye catching fabulous example, thank you for the inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so sweet! Great coloring on the dark card stock. A fabulous card for the challenge! Thanks so much for joining the Happy Little Stampers May CASE the Designer challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely, Julie. The white on black is striking and delicate at the same time. Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers CASE the Designer this month. I'm very glad you did. Melissa - HLS CASE May Designer

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cards on the black panel are difficult, because sometimes they are too overwhelming. You managed to perform card, which is like openwork lace. Color panel only underlines the fragility of these beautiful flowers.
    hugs,
    BozenA

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the soft colours of the flowers against the black background - a fabulous CAS card. Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Mix Up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So elegant and beautiful Julie. I love your belt background, heat embossed flowers and DI coloring. TFS and joining us at CAS Mix Up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful CAS design and I love the pretty flower image. Beautifully coloured!
    I hope you got what you wanted at Port Sunlight!
    Thanks for sharing with us at Happy Little Stampers and I hope you will join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just fantastic!
    Love this design!
    Thank you so much for joining us at Happy Little Stampers April CASE challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats. Julie, on being chosen as a "Favourite" at HLS CASE the Designer! I love your beautiful 1-layer card. It was a pleasure to CASEd by you and I hope you'll come back and play again at HLS CASE the Designer. :) Getting excited about the retreat!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)