Tuesday 1 November 2016

Remember the Good Times

Well this year is almost at an end as we head into November.
Around this time of year we tend to become a little reflective, winter will soon be upon us and many remember those lost in conflicts at home and abroad.
This week at Cardz4Guyz our challenge reflects this, we would like to see your masculine projects on the theme of -

REMEMBRANCE / SYMPATHY/ THINKING OF YOU

Here is my card for your inspiration.


For this card I used a poppy stamp from Crafters Companion by Sheena Douglas, Poppies and Daisies and the sentiment from STAMPlorations Noteworthy set.
I used my watercolours to paint the petals and stems of the poppies, after stamping with Versafine ink on Mixed Media paper. The background was washed in and some splatters added for extra interest. The stitched die cut top panel had a circle die cut from it before embossing a woodgrain pattern in it and adding the sentiment. My panel of poppies were glued to the base card then the embossed panel was popped up on pads to allow a small border.
OK, that's it from me. For more fab inspiration please check out the rest of the DT.

I'd like to join in over at-
#436 - Any sketch 215-435

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card..love your awesome coloring..

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous masculine card Julie and your poppies are just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)