Tuesday 20 December 2016

More Poinsettia Cards

Evening folks.
I feel a bit adrift in the run up to Christmas, no DT commitments 'til after the New Year and Pressies wrapped if not tagged, colour coded so only I know whose is whose! 
I'm the world's worst pressie squisher, trying to find out what is hidden in the packages when the go under the tree. As child I would hunt out hidden pressies, Mum's wardrobe, dressing table etc, careful to leave no trace of my furtling, my sister didn't have the same technique, always left something out of place! My hubby one year, decided to wrap my Christmas gift in the waste inners from chocolate boxes so that I couldn't work out what it was.
Anyway, I think all my cards have been delivered so I can share some I made for ease of posting.

As promised here are a couple more of my Uniko Poinsettia cards.


The first I coloured with pastel pencils as I needed something that would show up against the grey hammered background. The second is exactly the same layout and stamps but mirrored  and embossed in gold on white. I used a mixture of DIs to wash in a water colour manner the bracts of the poinsettia. The tiny yellow flowers were also coloured with DI. 

The silvery grey card doesn't photograph well as it reflects the light and the intensity of the colours don't show but are really vibrant in real life. The same stamp gave a totally different look but they both show off that fab poinsettia stamp from Uniko.

Hope you all have a merry Christmas and a happy, healthy and peaceful New Year.

I'd like to join in over at -

with my charcoal silver and pastel poinsettia


Influenced by the dark background and red poinsettia

 


With my white watercolour poinsettia

      

Want our Badge
Christmas

8 comments:

  1. These are wonderful Julie. Christmas just isn't the same without these gorgeous plants in my kitchen. I am meeting Mum tomorrow at a local garden centre to buy my annual poinsettia. I managed to keep last year's until July!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie your cards are gorgeous and ideal for posting. it sounds like you are very organised. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. That really is a gorgeous poinsettia. Love both looks Jules! Always nice to use a coloured background for something different. I need to do that more often! Love the pretty gray and your pencil colouring. The watercoloured poinsettia on white is really beautiful and so vibrant. A perfect CAS design. Thanks for sharing at CAS Watercolour! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that vibrant red poinsettia, stunning. Thanks for playing at TMR.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards using that gorgeous poinsettia! Love the shimmer on the first one, and the richness of the red on the second one. Thanks for joining us at CAS Watercolour.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are gorgeous! What beautiful poinsettias..so festive and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the completely different looks of the two techniques with the same stamp, Jules! Great job! Thanks so much for sharing these with us at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The gold embossing of the images makes these so magical to look at! Thank you for sharing with us at Dream Valley Challenge :D XXX

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)