Tuesday 3 January 2017

Get Better at Warp Speed

Morning all.
I know lots of people went back to work today here after the Christmas holidays, my daughter included but us retirees need a calendar to keep up with the days of the week. Over the last week, my husband has been convinced it was a Friday on a Wednesday and a Monday when it was Saturday! I agreed that I was floundering as my normal benchmarks of DT obligations were on holiday too!
Anyway we are back to normal more or less apart from the large tree in the lounge which will come down either later today or tomorrow as it will take a good while to remove all the decorations it took an afternoon to put on!
Over in blogland its time for a new challenge at Cardz4Guyz.
This week we have chosen the theme of -

UP, UP and AWAY

Lots to get your teeth into there, balloons, kites, planes and anything else you can come up with.
I went with a rocket for my card.


A friend of mine has gone into hospital today for a hernia op so I sent this to cheer him on to a speedy recovery. Not a great way to start the new year but necessary! I hope it has got there but what with all the holidays, post is somewhat delayed, so sorry if it doesn't get to you before this post.
I liked the idea of the sentiment from this Space themed set from Paper Smooches and instead of the stamped exhaust, I added a vellum one over my galaxy background. This is the first time that the set has been inked up since I bought it  and I can see me using it quite often in the future.
After making the panel I realised that it was smaller than the base card bit rather than cut it down I added a strip of linen effect gold card, I rather like the overall effect.
OK, that's about it from me for today.
Why not have a try, challenge yourself to make a masculine card, we'd love to see what ideas you have. If you need more inspiration check out the rest of the team here.

I'm joining in over at -

Grab our logo

Something New

Sweet Stampers Challenge
Anything Goes

Stemmpelsonne - Anything Goes

8 comments:

  1. Hi Julie this is a stunning card. I do hope your friend gets better quickly. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sehr schön. Danke für die Teilnahme bei Stempelsonne und Sweet Stampers.
    LG Dreja

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool card. Thanks for joining us at the Sweet Stampers Challenge. We would love to see you again.
    Hugs, Daniela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Out of this world Julie!! A brilliant get well card. Back to work for me kn Thursday...I am rather liking these one day weeks!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great creation for our Something New challenge at Allsorts, many thanks for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fabulous card Jules.
    Thank you for joining us at the Sweet Stampers and a hope to see you again.
    Hugs
    Kuni

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, eine fantastische Karte hast du gebastelt. Klasse! Vielen Dank fürs Mitmachen bei den Sweet Stampers. LG Karina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow.. your card is amazing
    Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampers and Stempelsonne
    Hugs ANja

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)