Tuesday 14 February 2017

Masculine Anniversary Card

Morning all.
The weather was positively spring like with all the sunshine streaming in through the windows, showing up all that dust, but the wind chill was something else. A hat and a pair of warm gloves were the order of the day when I took Max out. It's looking a little better wind wise today and the thermometer is set to rise into double figures tomorrow, fingers crossed.
The saga of the track continues. On Saturday when I walked Max up the drive there was an enormous lake in the dip on the lane, so much so that Max had to tiptoe around the edge. My husband had a word with the surveyor acting for Railtrak  and they are come to see us yesterday so that they could hear our thoughts. Anyway, whatever Al said must have encouraged the site manager to do something because by the time I went out in the afternoon the lake had gone but they had not fixed the drain but bulldozed a good 6"of road planings over so the lake was buried! 
The guys who came yesterday didn't seem to be aware of the problems other than what we told them so they went with Al for a walk an were a little sheepish about the encroachment onto our land by the wagons. Watch this space!
OK, over at Cardz4Guyz its time for a brand new challenge and its my choice -

NO PATTERED PAPER

Here is my card.

I'd seen a card a while ago on Pinterest, using cut out numbers but for a birthday. I really thought it a great idea so this is my CASE of it. In the original the hilighted numbers were pink but as it was for a fella, silver sparkle was much more suitable. You could change the colour and the numbers to suit.
I die cut a selection of tumbling numbers with MFT's little numbers then fit a snippet of glitter card behind the 25 before popping the top panel over a black base card on pads. The sentiment was free with a mag a couple of months back, which I embossed with white EP. I replaced the fiddly bits cut from the number centers and that was it.
For more inspiration please check out the rest of the team here.

I'd like to join in over at -


CREATIVE INSPIRATIONS
Anything Goes

10 comments:

  1. Great card Julie, could be used for lots of occasions , must have missed that mag with the lovely anniversary stamp. Hope you get somewhere sorting out the saga of the lane

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie this is a stunning card. I do hope your problems are resolved soon. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I have seen this design around too, BUT I have to say this is the nicest I have seen, love the added bits to the centre and the silver for the years, also the anniversary greeting is lovely, I missed that mag too. Thank you for joining us at The Male Room Challenge. Faith DT
    PS Hope your Railtrak problem is sorted soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great idea for a card. Would work well for birthdays too. I love the grey and silver.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH this is so clever! I love the silver glitter behind the numbers - a fabulous take on the challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with our Numbers challenge at The Male Room. Deborah, DT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You made such a beautiful card :-)) I like your numbers.
    Thanks for playing at Male Room. Hugs, Andreja

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hopefully now that you've had a meeting with the people in charge of the construction, there will be changes so that you aren't effect. Finger's crossed!!

    As for your wonderful card ... LOVE this design. So clever and creative, Jules! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great creation.Thanks for joining us at Creative inspirations this fortnight. CraftyNatalie:DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE THIS CARD! The one I make for my DH will be for our 40th...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)