Thursday 8 June 2017

Uptown Girls Celebrate

Morning all.
It's exam time of year here in the UK and everywhere students will be leaving after completing their courses. So at Cardz4Galz our latest challenge we are giving you the opportunity to make some girly cards for a -

GRADUATION

I had a look in my stash and didn't really have anything that fit the bill, especially for a girl. So I had a bit of a head scratch and came up with this.


I took my Up Town Girls Victoria and Juliette stamp from Stamping Bella  and added a cap or two and some certificates!
Here's how I did it.
First I fished out my MISTI and attached the stamp where I needed it, then inked it carefully with Memento Tuxedo Black, trying not to ink the tops of the heads and around the hands. A further wipe with a wet wipe removed any stray ink from those areas. After stamping I drew in the caps and the rolled certificates or diplomas, adding a few ribbons as well.
Colouring the image with Copics using the pinky blue of the succulents in the picture at Curtain Call, I then carefully cut them out and put them to one side.
On a panel of white card I stencilled the sky through a stencil made from a MFT die with Tumbled Glass DI and added a black die cut skyline to match the sketch at Sunday Stamps.
The greeting , a mixture of  HLS Simply said and another whose packet is long gone, was stamped in black. The finished panel was glued flat and so were the fussy cut girls.

For more feminine graduation inspiration check out the rest of the team here.

I'd like to join in over at:-

      Please do grab our logo to display on your own blog
                                                      Anything Goes 


11 comments:

  1. Clever colouring! Lovely graduation card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful Jules..I just love it..

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all - I am BLOWN AWAY that you hand drew the mortar board caps and the certificates ... wow! Your colors are wonderful, the blue succulent dress is perfect :) You also did an amazing job fussy cutting. This card is so much fun and has such movement and life to it. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great card Julie and your own artwork is fantastic!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! Love your background and your graduates turned out perfectly! Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great thinking to add those caps, makes for a perfect graduation card, many thanks for joining in with our June theme at Penny Black and More challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a super cool card Julie. Love it. Looks like they are ready to hit the town and paint it red.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun take on the sketch!

    Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous card! Love your interpretation of this weeks sketch! Love your skyline and great coloring of the graduating girls! Thanks so much for joining us at Sunday Stamps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. such a fun graduation card and i love the silhouette in the background implying they're off and going places. thank you so much for playing along with us at the penny black and more challenge. sorry to be so late in commenting; i'm recuperating with a new hip.
    linda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)