Thursday 24 May 2018

Blooms

Afternoon folks.
The wall to wall blue skies of the last few days have flown today but it is still very warm. There may be heavy showers tomorrow and to be honest the garden needs the rain.
I made most of this earlier in the week but just grabbed half an hour after lunch to finish it off.


The other week I bought some dies from the stamp fair at Port Sunlight and this is the first time I've used these Altenew Rose Flurries. 
I cut a whole page of them, the dies are attached quite firmly to the backing so left them on, just moving a few that were mounted inside the larger ones. I then used my Copics to colour the different elements. The RV group work really well with the blue stenciled background.
I made my own stencil using Altenew's Watercolour Stripes, as American coverplate dies are too wide and short for standard UK A6 card bases. After a bit of extra masking of my base card, I inked through with Salty Ocean DOx ink then moved it down and added another panel. My sentiment is from Altenew's Beautiful Day, white EP on black. A few sequins complete.

Joining in over at:-

    

5 comments:

  1. Julie... absolutely love your interpretation with your new Altenew dies. Fabulous card (and the background is the perfect touch!). Thank you so much for joining us at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, this is stunning! I love the fabulous background you created for these gorgeous blooms! So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is really lovely Julie, beautiful roses and the stripes add such great impact. We had heavy rain last night so the lawn and paddocks are looking much greener today. The storms are due to hit us at 5pm tomorrow going through to Sunday night...not looking forward to that!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So striking, with that glorious blue stencilled background. It's like looking at a garden on a blue summer's day! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players this week with this beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, these rose die cuts are just gorgeous! I love the layers of color, and they look great against the striped background. Thanks so much for playing along at The Paper Players, Julie!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)