Tuesday 10 October 2017

White Pumpkins?

Good morning all.
I had a fab weekend, meeting up with friends at the stamp fair at Port Sunlight.
We don't have any decent craft shops near us so it's great to be able to peruse the stands and get those choice items plus a few bargains. There was an added bonus in that I got to chat and catch up with a couple of blog friends. 
Anyway back to business with a brand new challenge over at Cardz4Guyz. This time our theme is -

AUTUMN THANKS or BOO! (Halloween)

I went with the first as I have no one to give Halloween cards to. This is my card for your inspiration.


I used the photo over at Card Concept and the layout at CAS(E) this Sketch. CAS on Friday also have the Fall/Halloween theme.
Picking up on the rustic neutrals, I cut a few ovals and made a pumpkin, edging the panels with Weathered Wood DI as I went. The stalk was cut from a scrap of brown card and the leaves from a scrap of green. The completed pumpkin was set on a die cut circle of shimmery charcoal card, an echo of the clock in the photo and element on the sketch. On a panel of linen textured card, I placed a panel of kraft card shaded with a white pencil crayon then embossed with a brickwork Sizzix EF. Above this I wrapped some jute string and slipped a thank you tag embossed in silver pearl EP under the circle before securing it on the panel. I think the neutral tones of the finished card work well as a masculine card.
So for more inspiration, check out the rest of the team and then why not join in.

   
Clean and Layered?                                                      

For your blog
Fall/Halloween

6 comments:

  1. What a great card Julie and the pumpkin looks great...out of Ovals...brilliant!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful take on the sketch and on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love pumpkins, and this one looks great. Beuatiful card. Thank you for joining us at CAS on Friday. Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is perfect for all of the challenges! Love your white pumpkin with the neutral textures and other elements- great job! Thanks for sharing with us at The Card Concept and we hope you can join in again with us soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome! Love all the texture you added. Thanks so much for joining us at The Card Concept.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card!!! Love the textures and design! Thanks for joining us at the Card Concept!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)